Rules & Regulations
Camels Hump Nordic is an informal and easy-going group, however, we do have a few rules and regulations applying to use of the trails that need to be followed so that everyone can have a good time and our landowners will allow us to access their land again next season. Please observe the following guidelines while using the CHN trails:
- Skiing on the CHSA trails is AT YOUR OWN RISK. We do not monitor trail access nor do we patrol the trails. By signing either our Season Membership release or one of the fee envelopes prior to skiing (see below), you are acknowledging that you are aware of the risks of cross country skiing. We advise that you ski with a friend. Take a trail map (available on this site or at the sign-in station) and keep to marked trails.
- Please park only in the designated parking areas on Bert White Road or Handy Road (this is our secondary lot for skier seeking ungroomed terrain). Cars parked elsewhere are subject to towing by the town at the owner's expense.
- All Skiers should sign in at the warming hut on Bert White Road.
- Skiers who do not have season memberships are encouraged to pay the single day membership--a suggested contribution of $10--to support the volunteer efforts that sustain CHNSA.
- We now have a Dog Loop that includes Skunk Brook, Dead River Run, then left on Big Baldy to Bear Scat Draw and back to the parking lot on Bert White Road. Please limit your dog exercising to those trails (see dog signage on trails and map). Please note: Only season pass holders my bring their dogs to ski at CHN.
- Snowshoeing is welcome on CHSA trails, however we request the snowshoers travel only on the edges of the trails and please keep off of groomed tracks!
- No fires of any kind are permitted on CHSA trails.
- Please respect the privacy of our many landowners. It's only by their generosity that we're permitted to ski on their land!
- Please ski only on marked trails.